The Student Voice of The Crusaders

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

Championship Preview: Boys and Girls Cross Country

November is here and many of the sports teams at Gibbons are gearing up for the postseason.

Boys and girls cross country is starting to ramp up with the 4A state championship taking place this Saturday at Ivey Redmon Sports Complex in Kernersville.

The regional meet this past weekend went great for the boys and girls teams, with both finishing in the top four and qualifying for the state meet this weekend. The two teams are also both ranked top 10 in the state for the 4A division by milesplit.com.

Ranked number 1 in the entire state and coming off the regional championship where they took first place, the girls team is looking to win their first state title since 2018. The boys team has high expectations as well and is favored to place highly in the meet by milesplit.com.

Boys Cross Country

Last year: finished 16th at the NCHSAA 4A State Championship and 4th at regionals
This year: 4th at regionals
Ranking: 9th in NCHSAA 4A state by Milesplit, 4th in the region
Previous games: 5th at the CAP-6 conference championship, 4th at Regionals
Upcoming game: NCHSAA 4A State Championship

Girls Cross Country 

Last year: finished 2nd at the NCHSAA 4A State Championship and 1st at regionals
This year: 1st at regionals
Ranking: 1st in NCHSAA 4A state, 1st in the region
Previous games: 1st at the CAP-6 conference championship, 1st at Regionals