The Student Voice of The Crusaders

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

Gibbons Friends Hosts First Trunk or Treat

Happy Halloween! Gibbons Trunk or Treat, a new Halloween event, was hosted for the first time ever by the Gibbons Friends club. 

The event took place on Oct. 14 in the student parking lot from 6-8:30 pm, and offered a fun Gibbons version of trunk or treating to celebrate Halloween. 

If you aren’t already familiar with a trunk or treat, volunteers decorate the trunks of their cars in creatively decorated themes and distribute candy for students attending. The event also featured fun activities like karaoke, a costume contest, pumpkin painting and more. Gibbons Friends initiated this tradition for the first time this year as a way to bring the  Gibbons community together, and as a way to present a fun event for the neuro-diverse baristas of 321 Coffee in the spirit of Halloween.

Gibbons Friends takes pride in keeping with the spirit of Halloween through a new tradition that will foster camaraderie and Halloween cheer among students, parents, and the local Gibbons community.

Established in 2022, Gibbons Friends has rapidly grown to encompass a thriving community of over 120 members, all driven by a shared mission to provide vital support to individuals of all ages facing special needs. These individuals could have neurodiversity or various intellectual disabilities. The group’s commitment has extended to fostering meaningful connections with the baristas of 321 Coffee and students of Cardinal Gibbons through a series of Gibbons Friends events such as Frozen Formal and the Spring Fling. 

The newly added Trunk or Treat event exemplifies their dedication to creating opportunities for engagement that foster understanding and inclusion within the community.   

The primary goal for the club is to provide the workers with a Halloween celebration in a secure and welcoming environment, ensuring that everyone could partake in the seasonal festivities without any worries.

Gibbons Friends encourages as many people as possible to participate in the festivities in order to create memories that will allow this inspiring event to continue on so that future Gibbons students can participate as well.