The Student Voice of The Crusaders

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

Spirit Week: What you need to know!

Every year homecoming rolls around and students get to show off their school pride with Spirit Week.

This year is unique in that it will start on a Friday and end on a Thursday, since Friday, Sept. 22 is a teacher workday.

Here’s what you need to know about each day.

Friday 9/15 – Adam Sandler Day

To start the festivities we will have Adam Sandler Day.

It switched with Jersey Day so be in your baggy T-shirts, basketball shorts, chunky socks, and sneakers.

Monday 9/18 – Sports Jersey Day

To begin the actual week of homecoming, we have Sports Jersey Day.

Show off your team pride with your favorite jersey. 

Tuesday 9/19 – Duo-Trio Day

You and a friend or two can dress up as your favorite twinning characters!

Wednesday 9/20 – Merry Christmas

Christmas is now in September! That’s right! You get a chance to wear your Christmas attire.

You can dress up as your favorite Christmas movie or your PJs! Just wearing red or green can show your true festive spirit!

Thursday 9/21 – Green & Gold Day!

Last but certainly not least, students get to show their school spirit.

The theme is now green and gold.

Also, Cardinal Gibbons hasn’t had the chance to have a homecoming dance in years.

For the first time in a long time, homecoming will be gracing its presence at Gibbons on Thursday night at 8-11 p.m.. Show up in your semi-formal attire and keep it classy! 

Spirit week will come to a close with the big home football game against Hillside.

It is also Family Football Night so look out for your old middle school and family/friends who could attend. Gibbons community, spirit week is upon us so get your outfits and get hype!

Cover photo: Disney Day 2022