The Student Voice of The Crusaders

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

Welcome Back To The Gibbons Globe!

The Gibbons Globe 2023-2024 staff
(Reagan Tomczak)

When this newspaper first began, a group of 15 students and its past moderator, Nicole Herche, were face-to-face with the challenge of designing a website from start to finish. Armed with nothing but the desire to create, that group successfully launched our school’s first-ever digital newspaper: The Gibbons Globe. 

As the months flew by, The Globe pushed out a variety of articles covering everything from the impact of our dress code to Carter-Finley’s “Parking Problem.” Wrapping up the year, the team was proud of their accomplishments and the potential for the future, excited to see how the paper would evolve over time.

As the 2023-2024 newspaper season begins, this year’s team of writers is eager to pick up where we left off, devoted to continuing the work of last year’s students. As we welcome a new pool of talented writers, The Gibbons Globe is excited to start the school year off strong with reflections covering summertime activities and a look forward to the year ahead of us!

It is our hope that this newspaper will effectively reflect the voice of our student body. Our goal is to entertain and excite while remaining respectful and carrying out our school’s ideals and mission statement. 

The Gibbons Globe is dedicated to making this student newspaper both entertaining and accessible. This paper is more than an assortment of writings. It is a resource and an outlet for the ideas and opinions of each and every student at Cardinal Gibbons High School. Whether writing is your passion or the bane of your existence, there are a variety of ways to get involved. We hope to include as many students as we can through articles, photos, interviews, and surveys. From athlete to artist, every student’s voice counts.

For those looking to become a writer, know that you are welcome! Beginning on Sept. 11th, The Gibbons Globe will be meeting every other Monday after school. You can find the team in room 102, led by moderator J. Mike Blake and student leader Reagan Tomczak. All are encouraged to attend and chat!