The Student Voice of The Crusaders

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

Preview: Boys Soccer to Host Apex Friendship in 4A East Regional Final

The boys soccer team has made it to the “final four” in the 2023 N.C. High School Athletic Association 4A playoffs and will be facing off against Apex Friendship tomorrow to decide who will make it out of the East region and move on to the championship game. 

Compared to last year, it has been an up and down season for the defending state champion Crusaders, but towards the latter half of their recent games, the team has strung together some impressive wins and have beaten some tough opponents to get to where they are.

The Crusaders have an overall record of 13-6-3 and are currently on a six-game winning streak including their four postseason wins in these playoffs. 

Despite their relatively low seeding of 13th overall in the East, the team should have a lot of confidence coming into this game especially after knocking off the top-seeded team in the region, Leesville Road, by a 2-0 score on Thursday. They should definitely still expect a tough battle ahead of them though because they are facing the 15th-seeded team Apex Friendship team who managed to knock off the second-seeded team in Green Level by a 2-0 score in the second round. 

Apex Friendship has an overall record of 19-5-1, and as of this season they have the upper hand on our team with a 1-0 win against the Crusaders earlier on this year.

On top of that, this game will be an exact rematch from last year’s regional final where we knocked off Friendship 3-1 on our way to the state championship trophy.

The game will be held here at home Tuesday night at 6 p.m.

Come out and support the team as they look to make back-to-back state championship appearances.