The Student Voice of The Crusaders

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

Gibbons Chorus Singing Up a Storm

Our Vocal Music Program is given the chance to sing the National Anthem at a Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Game.

Just a few weeks ago, the Gibbons community was blessed to hear the angelic voices of its Vocal Music Program singing a stunning arrangement of the National Anthem at the Homecoming Football Game. 

This coming January, the entire Hurricanes fan base could have the chance to enjoy the hard work that these students and educators have put into creating the most beautiful music.

The Gibbons Vocal Music Program has been given the exciting opportunity to sing the “Star Spangled Banner” for the Carolina Hurricanes vs. Arizona Coyotes game on Saturday, Jan. 27. 

However, they need 250 people to buy a discounted ticket through the school at the link below to make this happen! 

“The Hurricanes are just as much a part of our Wake County community as any other business or non-profit here,” said Vocal Music educator Mr. Brown. “I’m hoping that our community gets involved in this and we have a big Gibbons turnout at the game.”

Mr. Brown has been working as a choral music teacher for seven years, having received his undergraduate music degree from UNC Pembroke and his master’s degree in music education with a concentration in choral music from University of Louisiana Monroe. He is now in his third year teaching at Gibbons.

“I’m really excited! I think it says a lot about our choir’s ability to produce high quality sound,” said Veronica Oliech (Class of 2024), who has participated in chorus for three years. “I feel very grateful and blessed to even have the opportunity. It’s not everyday that you get to sing at a Canes game.”

Only the highest remarks have been given in response to the skill and performance of the Gibbons Vocal Music Program. Although the pandemic had a great effect on the arts programs, under Mr. Brown’s guidance, the choir has been able to bounce back and showcase the true potential of their talents.

“Scripture says that our gift makes room for us…but your gift can’t make room for you if you’re not working on it,”said Mr. Brown. “Their talent has definitely opened up doors and opportunities for them. They have worked hard for their sound and skills, and I believe in them.”

As of time of publishing this article, the Gibbons Vocal Program still needs to sell 197  in order to have the experience.

Follow this link to purchase tickets: http://www.canesgroups.com/gibbons