The Student Voice of The Crusaders

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

The Gibbons Globe

What You Need to Know About Yay Lunch

Between the new bell schedule and the introduction of community time during advisory, the traditional Gibbons experience has altered a lot from previous years. The one addition that seems to have ignited the most questions about its implementation is the new lunch partnership — Yay Lunch.

Price change

A frequent complaint about the Yay Lunch system is the increase in price compared to what we had before.

When asked about this common rebuttal, Dean of Students Jon Armfield commented: “There are cheaper options, students can still bring their food and its market price. You are going to eat cheaper here than when you are out in town and the food is going to be just as good.”

Updates and upgrades

The biggest impact that the Yay Lunch addition has over its predecessor is its focus on supplying healthier dining options to students and elevating the standard of school lunches. Yay lunch also serves to provide food throughout the whole school day including breakfast and lunch options, which is something that was not available before.

Also, the length of Yay Lunch’s services throughout the day allows for the company to provide food at the concession stand during sporting events. Yay Lunch also features online preordering, which provides students and facility members the opportunity to skip the line.

Tech help

If you have any complications throughout setting up your account or have more questions, Yay Lunch staff members are available from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and they can give you the answers or support you need.

Also, our two Deans of Students, Mrs. Derouin and Mr. Armfield, are more than able to answer any questions you might have about the ordering or signing up process.

Keeping tradition in place

If you are still a little upset about the change or feeling a bit nostalgic about the previous lunch setup, don’t hang your head because there are quite a few combinations between Yay Lunch and what was offered before.

“We thought about things that were really important in our community from last year like chocolate cookies. I think they’re offering chocolate chip cookies all day long on Tuesdays rather than a mad rush coming during lunch. And we have to keep Chick-fil-A on Wednesdays, and I think they’re keeping pizza as well on Fridays,” Armfield said.