Categories:

Cardinal Gibbons College Commit Interview – Joey Jonske

Cardinal Gibbons College Commit Interview - Joey Jonske

Joey Jonske

Class of 2025 | Men’s Lacrosse | High Point University 

Joey Jonske is a senior midfielder for the Cardinal Gibbons men’s lacrosse team. Last season, Jonske finished with a whopping 45 points, and he finished 5th on the team for goals per game. He is currently committed to High Point University, where he will pursue his athletic and academic dreams. 

Jonske chose to dedicate his next four years of school to High Point because “I love the culture and the school is great for supporting my career path,” he said.

One piece of information Jonske consistently thought about was “Would I enjoy the school, even if I wasn’t playing lacrosse?”

This helped him really know that High Point was the school for him. For kids currently in the recruiting process, or about to be, Jonske highly recommends emailing as many schools as possible to get your name out there, and to “Dream big but be realistic, to make it easy for colleges to learn about you.” 

Jonske’s favorite part of his recruiting process was visiting potential schools of interest, and receiving calls. His least favorite part of his recruiting process was the suspense of waiting for coaches to respond to emails.

Jonske’s commitment better prepares him for the future by preparing him with a plan when it comes to his college application and future career. Jonske is extremely excited to experience college sports at the Division I level, meet his new teammates, use state of the art practice facilities, and have plenty of freedom. Good Luck, Joey!